Nov 11 and 12, 2017 – Bellevue
$250.00 – $495.00
November 11 and 12, 2017
To achieve maximum benefit for Level 1.0 it is highly recommended that you are able to swim continuously for 50 yards.
To achieve maximum benefit for Level 2.0 it is highly recommended that you are able to swim continuously for 500 yards.
This two day workshop will be held at the PRO Sports Club located at 4455 148th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98007.
Description: During the course of the weekend we offer Level 1.0 on Saturday and Level 2.0 on Sunday. You can opt to participate in both Levels for the weekend, but please note that for best results you should already be swimming in your green zone for Level 2.0.
This two-day course takes you through all the Total Immersion drills and numerous strategies for full stroke mechanics. Resulting in a freestyle that is faster, easier, and more efficient for the long haul. Numerous video sessions will be uploaded to Dropbox for your viewing after the clinic. You will receive a link that will allow you to view and download the video. The instructors will comment on the videos in class to remind you of your strengths and opportunities for improvement.
Level 1.0: We’ll work on the TI foundation- drills and skills to correct all of the stroke faults and habits that keep athletes from swimming smoothly without effort. We’ll work on an in-depth progression towards a stroke the offers continuing possibilities for improvement, and move through skill work to finish the day finding efficient, effortless stroke segments.
The foundation work is based on the four key skills of Fishlike Freestyle:
1. Cooperate with Gravity – Most swimmers fight gravity trying to stay on top of the water. We teach you to find your natural equilibrium by sinking into weightlessness. Learning to relax into the water breaks the “survival- stroking” cycle, and frees your arms and legs for their best use. Besides, gravity is a powerful natural force; doesn’t it make more sense to use it than fight it?
2. Take the Path of Least Resistance – Once you understand that you must swim through the water — and mindful that water is almost 800 times denser than air — it’s logical to focus more on how well you streamline than how you pull and kick. We’ll teach you to shape yourself to cut through the water like a torpedo by alternating a right side streamline with a left side streamline. Each stroke will move you farther and faster with less effort.
3. Swim with your body – Traditional thinking about swimming treats the body as having an “arms department” that pulls you forward and a “legs department” that pushes you forward. In Fishlike Freestyle, you swim with your whole body, instead of your arms and legs. We’ll teach you to propel with a simple 2-beat kick, relaxed and rhythmic weight shifts, rather than arm-and-leg churning.
4. Breathe easy – We’ll also teach you about breathing easily as you swim. No more breathlessness, no worries about choking. The air is free, take all you need.
Level 2.0: We’ll transform your freestyle. Develop a stroke that is faster, easier, and more efficient for the long haul. Swim faster with smarter choices, instead of greater effort. Who should take this workshop?
What will you learn?
1. Swimming ‘Gears’, Learn your own best swimming gears . . . like those on a bicycle. Change speeds simply by adding a stroke to your count. Discover your best range of 3 stroke counts for this skill, and practice using them with expert guidance.
2. The Magic of Tempo A Tempo Trainer is an improvement-minded swimmer’s best friend. Use it to make striking gains in efficiency–then convert that efficiency into more in 15 minutes or less and with an ease that will surprise you.
3. The Math of The equation Stroke Length x Stroke Rate (SL x SR) is the only exact and guaranteed predictor of how fast you’ll swim. Learn simple exercises and formulas for creating and solving speed problems. Also learn the combination of SPL+Tempo that precisely matches your present level of skill and fitness.
SCHEDULE: Our schedule will be as follows (subject to minor revision):
8:45 – 9:00 Check-in at the Front Desk of the PRO Sports Club – you will be directed to the classroom
9:00 – 9:45 Orientation and foundational instruction (in the classroom)
10:00 – 11:30 1st underwater videotaping and group instruction in the pool.
11:45 – 1:15 Lunch (bring bag lunch or food available for purchase) & workshop in classroom
1:30 – 3:00 Group instruction in the pool
3:15 – 4:30 Video review in classroom
7:00 Locker rooms available
7:15 – 9:00 Group instruction in the pool.
9:15 – 10:15 Classroom workshop (bring bag lunch or food available for purchase)
11:00 – 12:30 Group instruction in the pool
12:45 – 1:30 Classroom wrap-up and review of video
WHAT TO BRING: For the classroom: Pad and pen for note taking. For the pool: An extra suit if you want dry ones for the afternoon swim, an extra pair of goggles – just in case, towel(s) water bottle and a lunch. (Lunch may be purchased at one of two restaurants in the Club – we will be eating in the classroom)
We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks, which can make balance even more of a challenge.
DIRECTIONS: From Highway 520, take the 148th Ave NE exit heading North. PRO Sports Club is on the left. Drive past the club to traffic light on NE 46th St. and make a left into the parking garage. If you are coming from Redmond, take the 51st St. Exit and turn right. At the light (148th Ave NE) turn left and then right on NE 46th St. Make a left turn to the parking garage.
LODGING: Fairfield Inn by Marriott, 14595 Ne 29th Pl, Bellevue, WA 98007 (800)551-2409. There are more Marriott hotels in the same area or for a complete list of motels/hotels in the area, please check www.hotel-guides.us
TRANSFER POLICY: Weekend workshops: If a request to transfer is received 8 days or more prior to the workshop, a $100.00 transfer fee per person will be applied to a future workshop, and the deposit will be credited toward that workshop.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Weekend workshops: NO REFUND will be issued for cancellations LESS THAN 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop unless a doctor’s note can be provided. For cancellations at least 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop, any monies paid above the $250 deposit will be refunded in full. The $250 deposit per person remains non-refundable, but may be transferred to any future workshop within one year of initial registration.